Fairmoor Equine Clinic in Morpeth is a BEVA approved AI centre. Our veterinary surgeons Stephen Bradley BVMS CertEP MRCVS, Kate Smith BVMS CertEP MRCVS and Goncalo Silva DVM Dip ACVIM MRCVS are BEVA accredited AI Vets.
Frozen AI package
One breeding cycle. Insemination must be carried out at Fairmoor Equine Clinic, for which there will be a minimum stay of 48-hours.
Our package is £412.93 inclusive of VAT and includes:
- Clitoral swabbing, EVA blood test and lab fees (excluding EIA).
- Pre-breeding assessment including a comprehensive examination of the reproductive tract, scanning and inject into season.
- Hormone implants/injection.
- Repeat scanning including out of hours if required to accurately predict ovulation.
- A.I. and semen check.
- Post breeding examinations, caslicks or hormone procedure.
- Subsequent scan and management of twins.
- Livery overnight fee mare: £40.97, mare and foal: £60.82
- Treatment to foals.
- Visit charges.
- Delivery cost of semen.
- Storage of frozen semen beyond the end of the breeding season.
- Hormone implants (except frozen).
- Extra lab fees.
- Sedation if required.
- Tetanus prevention — this is essential.
All mares should be checked for the presence of a viable pregnancy in the autumn and herpes vaccinations are recommended at five, seven and nine months of pregnancy.