Fairmoor Equine Clinic in Morpeth is a BEVA approved AI centre. Our veterinary surgeons Stephen Bradley BVMS CertEP MRCVS, Helen Jeffrey MRCVS, Euan Hammersley BSc BVMS MRCVS and Alice Barker BVSc MRCVS are BEVA accredited A.I. vets.
Frozen AI package
One breeding cycle. Insemination must be carried out at Fairmoor Equine Clinic, for which there will be a minimum stay of 48-hours.
Our Frozen AI package (can be obtained from stallions anywhere in the world) is £600 inclusive of VAT and includes:
- Scanning of the reproductive tract
- Hormonal injections – induction of oestrus and ovulation
- Regular monitoring for ovulation
- Artificial insemination
- 1x uterine flush post-insemination
- Semen check
- Pregnancy scan (14-16 days)
- Heart beat scan (28-30 days)
Subsequent cycles cost £540.
- Livery overnight fee mare: £40.97, mare and foal: £60.82
- Treatment to foals.
- Visit charges.
- Delivery cost of semen.
- Storage of frozen semen beyond the end of the breeding season.
- Hormone implants (except frozen).
- Extra lab fees.
- Sedation if required.
- Tetanus prevention — this is essential.
All mares should be checked for the presence of a viable pregnancy in the autumn and herpes vaccinations are recommended at five, seven and nine months of pregnancy.