Fairmoor Equine Clinic in Morpeth is a BEVA approved A.I centre. Our veterinary surgeons; Stephen Bradley BVMS CertEP MRCVS, Kate Smith BVMS CertEP MRCVS and Goncalo Silva DVM, Dip. ACVIM, MRCVS are BEVA accredited A.I Vets.
Chilled A.I package
The likely pregnancy rates for chilled semen are 50% to 80% mares conceive in their first cycle, a further 10% to 15% are likely to conceive in subsequent cycles. The most fertile age range is up to 14 years old.
Our package is £289.38 inclusive of VAT and includes:
- Clitoral swabbing, EVA blood test and lab fees (excl EIA).
- Pre breeding assessment and injection to bring into season.
- Early morning assessment prior to ovulation & semen ordering. This includes chorulon injection.
- A.I and semen check.
- Post breeding check, hormones, flush and caslicks (drugs excluded).
- Pregnancy scan day 14-16.
- Subsequent scan and management of twins.
- Livery overnight fee mare: £37.25, mare and foal: £57.37
- Treatment to foals.
- Visit charges.
- Delivery cost of semen.
- Storage of frozen semen beyond the end of the breeding season.
- Hormone implants (except frozen).
- Extra lab fees.
- Sedation if required.
- Tetanus prevention—this is essential.
All mares should be checked for the presence of a viable pregnancy in the autumn and Herpes vaccinations are recommended at five, seven and nine months of pregnancy.